Weight Loss Clinic for Patients in West Valley City
If you are obese or overweight, you are at serious risk for many health problems, including diabetes and heart disease. At Advanced Medical Weight Loss, we provide different weight loss programs to help people control their weight and reduce their risk of serious health concerns. Maybe you’re one of the thousands of people who have tried unsuccessfully to lose weight. You understand how difficult it is to lose that first ten pounds. Since everyone has different genetics, there isn’t a “one size fits all” weight loss program that is right for everyone. We know how to find the weight loss program that is right for you, whether you need to lose 15 pounds or 100. Our weight loss programs were developed to help you succeed, whether or not you’ve tried to lose weight before.
Obese patients are:
- 3 times more likely to develop acid reflux
- 6 times more likely to develop gallbladder disease
- 6 times more likely to develop hypertension
- 4 times more likely to develop endometrial cancer
- 8 times more likely to develop adult-onset diabetes
- 3 times more likely to develop heart disease
- 1 time more likely to develop high cholesterol
- 2 times more likely to develop knee and hip osteoarthritis
- 2 or more times likely to develop sleep apnea
Medical Weight Loss Programs
Our physician, Dr. Derek Muse, is board certified in obesity medicine and knows how to prescribe the right medication to help you lose weight. Medications our office can prescribe include:
- Adipex (phentermine)
- Tenuate (diethylpropion)
- Qsymia (phentermine-topiramate ER)
- Contrave (naltrexone-bupropion)
- Saxenda (liraglutide)
- Topamax (topiramate)
- Ozempic, Wegovy (semaglutide)
- Moujaro, Zepbound (tirzepatide)
These are appetite suppressants that help you eat the right amount of food to fuel your body, rather than overeating. This is just one of multiple weight loss options in West Valley City.
Very Low-Calorie Diet
When losing weight, it’s important that the number of calories consumed is less than the number of calories burned during exercise and throughout the day. Advanced Medical Weight Loss’s Very Low-Calorie Diet limits patients to 800 calories a day to increase weight loss while significantly reducing hunger. Many of our West Valley patients lose 2-3 pounds per week through this method.
Don’t put off losing weight any longer. The risks of remaining overweight are dangerous. If you live in West Valley or another city in the Salt Lake area, call Advanced Medical Weight Loss today at 801-559-3848 and take control of your weight.
Our Highland Drive office is conveniently located in Salt Lake City and is easily accessible to residents of the following cities and their surrounding areas: