Online Follow-Up Visits in Utah and Idaho
The medical providers at Advanced Medical Weight Loss are pleased to offer online follow-up doctor visits for our patients living in Utah and Idaho. This is a great solution for those participating in our medication-assisted weight-loss program who find it difficult to travel to our office for check-in appointments. Similar to follow-up visits in our office, during your online doctor visit, your vital signs will be reviewed, your weight-loss successes and challenges discussed and dietary counseling given. In addition, any needed medication refills will be completed and an online or in-person follow-up doctor appointment will be made.
Online Follow-Up Visits Process
The online doctor care option is only available to patients that live in Utah or Idaho, since these are the states in which Dr. Muse is licensed to practice medicine. Patients will need to demonstrate that they have the equipment necessary for quality video chatting during the online doctor consultation.
You need to meet the following requirements prior to and during your online appointment. If you are not able to meet the requirements, your appointment may be cancelled:
- You must provide your current weight taken on a certified scale. Please have your weight taken and documented by a third-party professional who can document, date and sign off on it. Weight recorded on a personal scale, or on a scale at a fitness center, will not be accepted. We’ll request the documented weight via video chat before the online follow taken within 48 hours of the appointment. The MA will request the documented weight via video chat before the appointment.
- You will need access to an electronic blood-pressure cuff that can measure blood pressure, take your pulse and display those values in real time to the office over the video link. The MA will have you take your blood pressure during the check-in process.
- The initial consultation is not eligible for telemedicine scheduling. Also, VLCD and pediatric follow-up visits will not be done online.
- All patients must be seen in-person at least once every 6 months, though our providers reserve the right to require in-person follow up visits. This could depend on the patient’s ownership of proper computer equipment for telemedicine, compliance with the medication-assisted program and medical conditions.
- Online follow-up doctor visits should be scheduled in advance and are subject to provider availability. The same no-show fees and policies and late policies will apply to online follow-up doctor appointments. Payment is due at time of service.
- Telemedicine visits are scheduled during the provider’s working day, and are seen in their order on the schedule. A delay between checking in and seeing the provider may occur. If there is a significant delay, the MA will inform you upon check-in.
Contact Us for Online Doctor Visits
Please see the pricing page on our website for cost information and other financial policies. At the day and time of your scheduled visit, call 801-272-4111 to pre-pay for the visit, then check in for the online follow-up visit at https://highlandfp.doxy.me/HFP. Advanced Medical Weight Loss is excited to offer online follow-up doctor appointments to our weight-loss patients in Utah and Idaho. Please call our office 801-559-3848 for more information and to schedule an appointment.
We service the following cities and their surrounding areas: