Medication Assisted Weight Loss for Sandy & Salt Lake City, UT
Contrary to what you might have heard, medication-assisted weight loss does work!
Sometimes, you just need a little something extra to help you get through the hills and valleys of your own weight loss journey. At Advanced Medical Weight Loss, we combine medication-assisted weight loss with dietary recommendations to produce immediate and lasting results for our Sandy and Salt Lake City clients.
This office prescribes phentermine (Adipex), diethylpropion (Tenuate), topiramate (Topamax), bupropion-naltrexone (Contrave), liraglutide (Saxenda), canagliflozin (Invokana)and zonisamide (Zonegran) for weight loss. With various medication options available, we can easily select the right medication-assisted weight-loss solution for each and every one of our clients.
When coupled with a calorie-reduced diet, the use of a single-agent weight-loss medication can result in a weight loss of 15-25 pounds over a 6-month period. When two weight loss medications are used in combination with the same diet, 25-35 pounds can be lost in the same 6-month period. After our clients successfully lose weight, we continue prescribing the medications that helped with weight loss long term for weight maintenance.
Medication-assisted weight loss in Salt Lake City and Sandy through Advanced Medical Weight Loss is remarkably safe, especially when compared to the risks associated with remaining obese. Not only are these medications safe and effective, they also are not addictive. When making the decision whether or not to prescribe weight loss medications to overweight individuals, the providers in our office carefully follow the guidelines of the Obesity Medicine Association and the laws of the state of Utah that govern the use of these medications.
What do you have to lose, except those pounds that you just can’t get rid of? Call today for an appointment with one of our providers to see which weight loss medications are right for you. We can develop a medication-assisted weight loss strategy that will work best in your unique situation.
- Our new patients meet with Dr. Muse, our Board-Certified obesity specialist, and are instructed on the causes of obesity, how patients are classified into the Muse Satiety Types 1 to 5, the use of medication to assist with weight loss and the diet that will be used to cause the weight loss. Special attention is paid by Dr. Muse to teaching our patients the difficulties of, and the solutions to, long term weight maintenance. Dr. Muse then meets with each patient individually to determine the best weight-loss and weight-maintenance program for each patient. Patients that are not able to meet with Dr. Muse at the times he meets with new patients are able to meet for an abbreviated first visit with one of our other weight-loss providers.
- Patients must have an initial exam by one of our providers, laboratory tests and EKG before they will be prescribed any weight-loss medication.
- Patients are seen on a once-a-month basis to refill weight-loss medication and track their progress.
- Patients can be prescribed a number of different weight-loss medications (such as phentermine, topiramate, liraglutide, bupropion-naltrexone, diethylpropion, canagliflozin, zonisamide and metformin.
- Patients will need to be seen each time they are in need of a refill of their weight loss medication. These visits are $70.