Medical Weight Loss Clinic near Sandy, Utah
If you are overweight or obese, you are at risk of major health problems like diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and certain cancers. At Advanced Medical Weight Loss, we offer assisted weight loss programs that help people take control of their weight and reduce risks of such problems. Every person has different genetics, so there isn’t a single weight loss program that works for everyone. We are here to find the right program for you, whether you need to lose 15 pounds or 100 pounds. Our weight loss programs are designed to help you succeed no matter what.
Dangers of Obesity
Patients who are obese or overweight are:
- 3 times more likely to develop acid reflux
- 6 times more likely to develop gallbladder disease
- 6 times more likely to develop hypertension
- 4 times more likely to develop endometrial cancer
- 8 times more likely to develop adult-onset diabetes
- 3 times more likely to develop heart disease
- 1 times more likely to develop high cholesterol
- 2 times more likely to develop knee and hip osteoarthritis
- 2 or more times likely to develop sleep apnea
Our Medical Weight Loss Programs
Dr. Derek Muse is board certified in obesity medicine and knows how to help patients lose weight. Advanced Medical Weight Loss is licensed to prescribe Adipex (Phentermine), Tenuate (Diethylpropion), Qsymia (Phentermine-Topiramate ER), Belviq (Lorcaserin) and Topamax (Topiramate). These appetite suppressants help you eat the proper amount of food instead of overeating.
While you try and lose weight, it’s essential to take in fewer calories than you burn during exercise and throughout the day. At Advanced Medical Weight Loss, our low-calorie diet limits patients to 800 calories a day to promote weight loss. Many of our patients can lose 2-3 pounds a week by doing this.
Call Us Now
It’s time to start your weight loss journey. Whether you live in Sandy or another city in Salt Lake County, call Advanced Medical Weight Loss and start taking control of your life.