Medical Weight Loss for South Jordan, UT
Medication-assisted weight loss works, despite what you’ve heard!
Weight loss can be a difficult road to travel, and you may need that extra boost to get you through the twists and turns that come up on your weight loss path. Advanced Medical Weight Loss is here to help. We incorporate medication-assisted weight loss with dietary recommendations so you can experience actual results. Clients in South Jordan can start today.
Our South Jordan office prescribes a variety of medication to help with your weight loss goals. These include:
- Adipex (phentermine)
- Tenuate (diethylpropion)
- Qsymia (phentermine-topiramate ER)
- Belviq (lorcaserin)
- Contrave (buproprion-naltrexone)
- Saxenda (liraglutide)
- Topamax (topiramate)
The various medication options help us determine which medication-assisted weight loss compound will work best for you.
When the weight-loss medication is used with a calorie-reduced diet, clients could potentially see a loss of 15-25 lbs. over a period of six months. Two medications and the same diet can result in a loss of 25-35 lbs. in the same timeframe.
Medication-assisted weight loss is considerably safe, especially when you consider the risks of remaining obese. Most importantly, these medications are not addictive and they’re safe and effective. It’s normal to be concerned about weight loss medications, but the providers in our office follow the Obesity Medicine Association’s guidelines and the laws that the state of Utah governs in the use of these medications.
Clients in South Jordan can call us today to schedule an appointment with one of our providers. Not everyone is the same, but we’ll find a medication-assisted weight loss strategy to fit your unique situation.
New patients will meet with Dr. Muse, our Board-Certified obesity specialist. During your meeting, he will educate you on:
- The causes of obesity
- How you are classified into the Muse Satiety Types 1-5
- How the medication and diet will be used to assist in weight loss
- The difficulties and solutions to long-term weight loss
Patients that are unable to schedule an initial visit with Dr. Muse during can schedule an appointment with one of our other weight-loss providers.
- Patients will need to have an initial exam with one of our providers, lab tests and an EKG before any medication is prescribed.
- Patients will be seen monthly to refill their medications and track their weight loss progress. These visits are $70.
- Patients could also be prescribed various combinations of the weight-loss medications we offer.