Online Follow-Up Visits in Utah and Idaho
The medical providers at Advanced Medical Weight Loss are pleased to offer online follow-up doctor visits for our patients living in Utah and Idaho. This is a great solution for those participating in our medication-assisted weight-loss program who find it difficult to travel to our office for check-in appointments. Imagine the convenience of meeting with your weight-loss provider in the comfort of your home or office by way of a video-chat session on your computer. Communicating with your medical provider by video chat is also called telemedicine, or telehealth. Similar to follow-up visits in our office, during your online doctor visit, your vital signs will be reviewed, your weight-loss successes and challenges discussed and dietary counseling given. In addition, any needed medication refills will be completed and an online follow-up doctor appointment will be made.
Online Follow-Up Visits Process
The online doctor care option is only available to patients that live in Utah or Idaho, since these are the states in which Dr. Muse is licensed to practice medicine. State and Federal laws are in the works that will allow us to offer this service to patients living in other states. Patients will need to demonstrate that they have the equipment necessary for quality video chatting during the online doctor consultation.
You need to meet the following requirements prior to and during your online appointment:
- Patients will also need access to an electronic blood-pressure cuff that can measure blood pressure, take their pulse and display those values in real time to the office over the video link. Online follow-up doctor visits will not be scheduled until the patient demonstrates this capability.
- Patients should provide their current weight prior to the online doctor visit. The current weight must be measured on a certified scale, which means it must show zero weight when there’s nothing on the scale. Please take your weight within 24 hours of the online doctor consultation by a third-party professional who can document, date and sign off on it. Weight recorded on a personal scale, or on a scale at a fitness center, will not be accepted. We’ll request the documented weight via video chat before the online follow-up doctor appointment.
- To be considered for the online doctor care option, all new patients will be seen in-person at our office at least once before scheduling a telemedicine appointment. Also, VLCD and pediatric follow-up visits will not be done online.
- Patients already participating in our telehealth conferences will be required to visit our office once every 12 months before scheduling additional online doctor visits.
- Online follow-up doctor visits should be scheduled in advance and are subject to provider availability. The same no-show fees and policies and late policies will apply to online follow-up doctor appointments. In addition, a credit card payment must also be made in advance.
- We can’t guarantee that online doctor consultations will occur right on time, due to the possibility that a provider’s other appointments might run long. However, every effort will be made to inform the patient of the postponed appointment time.
- Our providers reserve the right to require in-person follow-up visits in our office more frequently than every 12 months. This could depend on the patient’s ownership of proper computer equipment that permits quality video chatting, compliance with the medication-assisted diet program and medical conditions.
Contact Us for Online Doctor Visits
Please see the pricing page on our website for cost information and other financial policies. At the day and time of your scheduled visit, call 801-272-4111 to pre-pay for the visit, then check in for the online follow-up visit at https://doxy.me/drmuse. Advanced Medical Weight Loss is excited to offer online follow-up doctor appointments to our weight-loss patients in Utah and Idaho. Please call our office 801-559-3848 for more information and to schedule an appointment.
We service the following cities and their surrounding areas: